Monday, December 1, 2008

Podcast in My teaching


Podcast are interesting tools in which can prove very helpful in the classroom. You can create your own or download other podcast from another source. Its creation has opened up a lot of new venues for teachers across the globe. After doing some research and searching the Internet for podcast, I came across a large number of podcast from all over the world. Many teachers have already began to take advantage of this tool. One particular podcast I came across is here: http://www.dansmath.com/pages/podpage.html. The author of this podcast has created a number of podcast (30 +) covering a wide range of math topics. Once I finish my masters, I plan on incorporating podcast in my classrooms including this authors. Also I can create many of my own for my students to use if they don't have at home instruction. They can easily go to my site download and listen. This could ensure that the students have used every resource possible. Also creating a podcast would allow a teacher to run through the lesson plan a few times and really get a walk through of lesson before having to deliver impromptu. This is a really useful tool.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Joe,
That podcasting site looks like a good source of material. Hoever, for this mod you need to comment on how you would use one specific episode from this site in your own classroom.
Dr. Burgos